Registration for our 2020-2021 Winter Trip to Belarus is now open! Please read the following important information, the link to register is below.
Thank you for your interest in the ABRO Winter Trip! Below you will find information on the trip and how to register! Please don’t hesitate to contact Kristen, ABRO’s Executive Director, at 336-407-6062 or email@example.com with questions or for more information.
Dates: December 28, 2020 – January 9, 2021
Flight Departure Points: Due to a change in the group flight policy with Lufthansa, flights can depart from any airport that services United. All flights connect in Washington DC so that the group is together from Washington – Frankfurt/Vienna/Munich – Minsk. If you choose, flights can be arranged on your own, but you must arrive in Minsk on the group’s flight or prior to the group’s flight landing (usually about 2pm local time) and your return flight must the same as the group’s or depart after the group’s flight (usually around 8am). If you would like to arrange a flight on your own, PLEASE contact Kristen for restrictions. We can only enter Belarus visa free by air and from certain connection points. Contact Kristen with questions!
- Round Trip Airfare (if you choose)
- Accommodation with a local family
- All group activities
- All transportation to group activities within Belarus
- Emergency medical insurance
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation insurance
- Most meals
- Recommended host family donation – $100 per person – Host families often spend more than they can normally afford to host us and this money helps offset those expenses.
- Some meals – Most meals will be provided for you by your host family or during group events, but there may be an occasional meal you will be responsible for.
- Incidentals & Spending Money
- Gifts for children in orphanage – We usually try to bring humanitarian gifts for the children and each participant is expected to collect items from friends, family, Sunday School classes, etc. More information will be provided to you in your registration packet.
- Extra bag fee if flying out of a non-Lufthansa Hub. Usually we get free second bags for humanitarian supplies out of Washington, but not out of airports where we need to connect on United to get to Washington. If you choose to fly out of one of those airports, or choose to arrange your own flights, be prepared for an additional bag fee. Every adult participant is expected to pack a second bag for humanitarian supplies.
Participant Requirements: Each participant will be asked to help plan the performance at our orphanage/children’s hospital visits. Usually this includes a game, songs, testimony, etc. But can adapted to the group that is going! In addition, each participant is asked to collect items to give out to the kids we see in Belarus, a list of items needed will be sent to you in early fall. Each adult participant will be required to pack an additional suitcase with the items collected.
Trip Cost: Approximately $450 – $550 per person for in country costs plus airfare if taking a flight arranged by ABRO. Typical ABRO arranged flight is $1,300-$1,500 per person (depending on departure point and date of booking). Final cost will be determined once the number of participants is determined, flight costs and in country activities are finalized.
- Complete the Online Registration Form
- Return the Health and Emergency Contact Form*
- Return the ABRO Trip Participant Release*
- Pay the deposit (check only – please do not use the “Donate Now” button to pay your deposit unless you are willing to pay the PayPal fee of 2.2%). Refundable if we have to cancel. Remainder will be due December 15.
- $500 Deposit due per person if taking an ABRO arranged flight
- $300 Deposit due per person if arranging your own flight
- Send a copy of the photo page of your US Passport (Scan and send in PDF Format or e-mail a photo of it from your smart phone) – Due as soon as possible, flights cannot be finalized without a copy of your passport and rates go up the closer to departure we get.
- Additional Forms and information will be provided to you once all of the above are received.
Forms can be scanned and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed along with the check to ABRO, P.O. Box 25303, Winston Salem, NC 27114
Registration Deadline: Friday, September 18, 2020
* Please download and open forms in Adobe Reader in order to type in the forms.